During the dedication service, parents express vows before God, their family, and the church, declaring their desire to raise their child in a God-honoring way. Because parents are the key role models for their children, they play a primary role in the dedication service.
Parents will be asked to affirm the following commitments prior to the service in a special pre-service gathering:
● Do you receive this child with gratitude, as God’s gift to you and your family?
● Do you commit to each other as parents, creating a stable environment in which your child can mature? Will you make a covenant to strengthen your marriage relationship?
● Do you commit to be parents of personal faith, recognizing your children are more likely to follow God’s path by the model they first observe in you?
● Do you commit to lead a faith-filled home that honors God in all your relationships and in the choices you make in spiritually growing your family?
● Do you commit to be parents with patience, recognizing that with your inherent strengths and weaknesses, your desire to shape your child is a loving act that will require time, prayer, and God in order to produce in your children what He and you hope for?
If you have registered to participate in our scheduled public or group child dedication service, you will receive an email approximately two weeks before the date of the service with information regarding what to expect, including the service order and times.